Analytics with Matomo
Integration of Sigsync email signature with Matomo helps to evaluate the performance of email marketing and the total traffic.
Available parameters of Matomo:
Matomo is a web analytic application which can enable tracking links using URL tagging. It has five URL tags where the hyperlinks can be added to collect the information of your website traffic. The supported parameters of Matomo are:
- pk_campaign: It’s a required tag and specifies the name of the campaign.
- pk_kwd: It’s an optional tag and used as a keyword for paid ad.
- pk_medium: Optional tag which needs to be installed using plugin. It specifies the medium of the campaign and contains the details on general source of the traffic such blog, email etc.
- pk_source: It’s an optional tag which needs to be installed using plugin and helps to understand the source of the traffic such as email signature, forum etc.
- pk_content: It’s an optional tag which needs to be installed using plugin. This parameter helps to understand which element has been clicked to reach your website.
How to add analytic links in Sigsync signature generator with various parameters?
Sigsync Email signature service has various email tracking parameters. Drag and drop the Analytic link placeholder to the signature generator or use link option from other placeholder select menu, which will show a list of analytics parameters. Let’s understand how to add the Analytic link to the email signature in the signature generator:
- In Sigsync signature generator, click the 'Choose Signature Templates' button to select a template from the 'Saved Template list' or select new template from the pre-existing template list.
- Drag the 'Analytic Link' block to the signature in generator.
- Displays the set of various parameters to fill in while dropping the Analytic link block to the signature. Click the 'Save' button to apply the changes.
Let’s understand the set of parameters supported in Sigsync email signature service:
- Link (URL address): Add your website link which needs to be added to track the traffic coming from the emails.
- Link text: This is the display text which is clickable.
- Tooltip: The entered text will be displayed as a tooltip text when the mouse moves over it.
- Campaign source: It’s a source of the traffic such as Google, newsletter etc.
- Campaign medium: It’s a medium of the campaign which contains the general source of traffic.
- Campaign Term: It’s a keyword which is used to differentiate between the various ads.
- Campaign content: It can contain the product name, product code or a slogan such as summer_sale.
Results of Email signature campaign can be verified in Matomo Analytics
You can login to Matamo Analytics for report which displays the total generated traffic for the added campaigns. To find the report go to Referrers and then to Campaign in the left pane.
Want Free personalized service?
Sigsync email signature service offers company-wide and centralized email signature for Office 365 and Exchange.
We can assist you in getting your signature ready effortlessly.